It’s cold and still a little snowy out there — the temperature today may be in the teens, but with the wind, it’s feels like like -3! Bundle up, and be careful if you have to be out and about as winter storm Hercules continues to create a mess for travelers today. A few things to keep in mind:
• Public schools are closed!
• Alternate side parking regulations are suspended today, Friday, January 3, to facilitate snow removal, but you still need to feed the meter.
• Garbage and recycling pickup will be delayed until the snow plows have finished clearing the streets, but leave your garbage on the curb, though, and DSNY will pick it up ASAP.
• Subways are running, though some express lines are going local.
• See when your street will be clear using plow tracker.
• Stay warm and safe with these tips from OEM.
• Check on any neighbors who may need a little extra help with shoveling, or anything else.
Here’s hoping you’re all able to enjoy the snow from inside a warm place. And if you take any photos of the storm, send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll post them on the site!
Photo by uenoasako