Hope you all enjoyed the first week of May, as it’s finally starting to feel like spring! Keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all the week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and sign up for our daily newsletter. And if you ever have any news tips, story ideas, questions, or anything, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Tasting the tasty chicken at the new takeout joint Wangs.
• Terroir is closing its Park Slope location.
• A man was arrested for stealing $1,500 worth of jeans from Mavi.
• CKO Kickboxing tells us about the new studio they’re opening in the neighborhood.
• A flash-mob picnic is coming to Prospect Park.
• The new sketch comedy TV show Friends of the People filmed on 5th Ave.
• The F train had the most delays of all subway lines last year.
• Arecibo is taking over a long-vacant storefront on 5th Ave.
• It’s birders versus dogs in Prospect Park.
• Get a free bike helmet next week!
• Share neighborhood improvement project ideas on a new CB6 map.
• Residents have filed a lawsuit to try to remain in their assisted-living center.
• We love to complain about pigeon poop.
• The Fifth Avenue BID has a new office.
• Documentary filmmaker Ken Burns bought an apartment in the area.
• Finally, looking for love at The Owl Farm.