Keep up with neighborhood news all the week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and sign up for our daily newsletter. And if you ever have any news tips, story ideas, questions, or anything, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Meet neighbors Jasmin Singer and Mariann Sullivan of Our Hen House.
• The 4th Ave McDonald’s has closed to make way for an apartment building.
• Poly Prep played a role in a TV pilot starring Debra Messing.
• A robber who hit a local fro-yo joint three times was sentenced to 68 years in prison.
• Is the Kemistry Lounge saga over now that the Flatbush Ave building is up for sale?
• Local comedian Michael Joyce is launching a new stand-up series at Bar Reis.
• A thief nabbed the wheels off a Nissan parked on 5th Street.
• New clothing boutique Blok Hill is now open on 7th Avenue.
• How much stock do you put in restaurant letter grades?
• Jewelry store Facets has added a second location.
• Donate an item or service to an auction to help support PS 321.
• And help them, or other schools, during the Brooklyn PTA 5k Fun Run.
• The sushi place on Union Street has a new name, but everything else is the same.
• Register to rock on local streets during Make Music New York.
• Perfect Eyebrows Salon moves into the old Dragonfly Boutique space on 5th Ave.
• Like farm fresh veggies? Take a look at CSA options in our area.
• Finally, got a stoop sale, art show, or other event coming up in the neighborhood? Anyone can add events to our new calendar!
Photo by Jasmin Singer