Keep up with neighborhood news all week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• A man was shot in the leg on 6th Avenue in broad daylight.
• Our thoughts are with the family and friends of a man who apparently committed suicide in Prospect Park.
• A tree stopped traffic when it was uprooted from a 5th Avenue sidewalk.
• Neighbor Keith Williams talks traffic safety, running, and Jeopardy.
• Methodist’s construction variance goes to BSA this week.
• Most of you seem to think 4th Avenue is getting too expensive.
• A fire broke out in an apartment on 4th Street.
• Some romantic (and tasty!) Valentine’s Day restaurant ideas…
• …and some fun things to do before or after (or instead of) dinner.
• A’Putia, the new Sicilian cafe on 5th, has added brunch.
• Learn how to make Ghenet’s doro wat (aka “chicken sauce”) at home.
• All the snow and salt led to some manhole issues.
• Need to get rid of some books?
• The Prospect Park Zoo has two new adorable, identical furry babies.
• Several camps still have openings for kids over mid-winter recess.
• Ask Brad Lander anything.
• Finally, it snowed yet again, which made for at least one cute ride!
Photo by mark