Keep up with neighborhood news all week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Fourth Avenue will be getting 50 new trees.
• Parish, a new cocktail bar and lounge, has opened on 7th Avenue.
• New 5th Ave wine bar Pierre Loti is now open.
• Taco Santo, which is taking over the Fort Reno space, will open on February 1.
• “Avoid walking in the dark or bad weather.”
• A waxing chain is coming to the spot next to Ocean Fish Market, which is for lease.
• Some are calling our own Councilmember Brad Lander a kingmaker of City Hall.
• What would you like to see in the former Zito’s space on 7th Ave?
• A bit of Old Stone House trivia.
• A lost Greenmarket vendor’s cat was found in the Central Library 8 months later.
• What’s your take on the mute swan management plan?
• Try some a toxic sludge when Ample Hills opens an ice cream parlor in Gowanus.
• 10 restaurants and markets that will cater your Super Bowl party.