The last full week of 2013 seemed pretty sleepy in the neighborhood, and we’re plenty happy with that. Hope you’re enjoying quiet streets and the end of the year!
Keep up with neighborhood news every week in 2014 — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Tacos, pulled pork, gelato, and more of the best things we ate in 2013.
• Eidolon is closing after 14 years on 5th Avenue.
• How to turn your Christmas tree into mulch.
• While some neighbors write notes to Times thieves, others apparently don’t read actual papers anymore.
• Park Slope looks pretty neat from above.
• Buttermilk Bakeshop is coming, but Sposabella’s gone and Boing Boing may be next.
• Didn’t get the gift you wanted? Maybe you deserve your own gift card.
• Spence-Chapin is opening a Modern Family Center at Plaza Wellness.
• Finally, your NYE plans could include fireworks and a run in Prospect Park!