Have you seen this D-Will mural that went up this week on the wooden barrier around the old, to-be-demolished Bergen Tile on Flatbush Ave? Atlantic Yards Report has more info and a video of a part of its installation.
To keep track of all the things going up and going on in the neighborhood all week long, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at email@example.com.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed:
• A call for a red-light camera and better stoplight timing on PPW after Sammy Cohen-Eckstein’s tragic death.
• Now closed: Jackie’s 5th Amendment.
• A look at the numbers of the Methodist Hospital expansion.
• How stickball and street gangs inspired a new novel about 1960s Park Slope.
• Voters on our poll are split over the appropriateness of selling ‘Black Americana’ at the PS 321 flea market.
• Expect hot chocolate, s’mores, and a cozy atmosphere from the new Winter Warmers.
• And you thought your neighbors were noisy.
• The new $1 slice at Benny’s Pizza, which replaced South Brooklyn Pizza.
• Everyday people’s portraits are pasted on St Marks Place.
• The Gowanus Whole Foods is going to have a rooftop bar.
• Jane Kelley talks Park Slope birds as inspiration for her new middle-grade novel.
• Submit your participatory budgeting ideas online!
• Finally, feast your eyes on the best Halloween decorations in the neighborhood.