So Nemo hit and did not disappoint. The Prospect Park snow day was a hit; did you get to enjoy it? Make any snowmen?
Make sure to keep up with Park Slope news all week by signing up for our daily newsletter, following us on Twitter and Facebook, and emailing us with questions, news tips, ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what you may have missed this week:
• Beyoncé is coming to Barclays! Beyoncé is coming to Barclays!
• Music Together of Park Slope is running a video contest for 50% off spring tuition.
• We scoped out the local Pilates gyms and studios.
• City Stomp Live released a lineup of shows at Dizzy’s on Fifth.
• We’re all going to pitch in and buy Brooklyn Lyceum when it goes up for auction. (Right?)
• We found the best in local Valentine’s Day gifts (hint: it requires a tape deck).
• The NYPD Stop-and-Frisk report revealed disproportionate incidents involving minorities.
• We love Culture for many reasons, but especially for the toppings on the top and bottom.
• There’s still time to make some Valentine’s dinner reservations.
• Pork Slope is up for Time Out NY’s Best New Neighborhood Spot. Vote!
• Some elementary schools are still hosting open houses before the March 1 kindergarten application deadline…
…and our new elementary school will be named after Maurice Sendak.
• Puppetworks is struggling through the school bus strike. Check out one of their public shows!
• The V-Spot owner Alex Carabano competed on the premiere of CBS’s “The Job.”
• Die Koelner Bierhalle is in the middle of its weeklong Koln Karneval festival.
• Community Board 6 is looking to honor youth who have made positive contributions to the community.
• And finally, BAM and the Brooklyn Public Library have ongoing film screenings in honor of Black History Month that are well worth checking out.
Photo via Don Doherty