So schools are off, the kids are home, and apparently Lakeside is closed due to weather conditions. But who needs ice skating when there’s this much powdery snow just waiting for sledding?
If you need a sled, we checked with these local stores, all of which said they’ve got plenty in stock at the moment:
• Tarzian Hardware, 193 7th Avenue near 2nd Street
• Save on Fifth, 421 5th Avenue at 8th Street
• Lowe’s, 118 2nd Avenue between 10th & 11th Streets
• Pintchik Hardware, 478 Bergen Street at Flatbush Avenue (just has saucers)
• Gear To Go Outfitters, 217 Garfield Place between 7th & 8th Aves
Above is our go-to map of neighbors’ favorite sledding spots in Prospect Park, and you can click on the snowflake icons for a bit more info, but feel free to share any favorite spots in the comments below.