The snow continues, and for all of its annoyances it certainly makes for a lovely view. Hope you are all keeping warm and cozy and eating all the chips and dip you could ask for on this Super Bowl Sunday.
Make sure to keep up with Park Slope news all week by signing up for our daily newsletter, following us on Twitter and Facebook, and emailing us with questions, news tips, ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what you may have missed this week:
• Neighbor Julianna Forlano is taking on the absurdities of modern living one webisode at a time.
• Park Slope is getting a new, loftily-titled preschool.
• South Slope’s Bill de Blasio is officially stepping up in the race for mayor…
…and Bruce Ratner is stepping down as Forest City Ratner CEO.
• Ulla and Linus showed off their mother and son styles.
• PS 321 held its Summer Camp and Afterschool Expo. If you missed it, we’ve got the full list of attendees and their websites.
• The Gowanus Canal’s name was cleared in the sad case of the stranded dolphin’s death.
• We’re preparing ourselves for the possible loss of our Barnes & Noble.
• The BK Gateway Vision Plan will deal with Flatbush Avenue traffic concerns…
… and the Citywide Neighborhood Entrepreneurship Project will help revitalize Fourth Avenue businesses.
• We delved into the overwhelming world of Park Slope coffee houses with part one of our comprehensive guide.
• Brooklyn Conservatory of Music promises to take the kids on an international adventure of food and music while staying right here…
… and two new music weekly music programs just started up.
• Brooklyn Rock is selling quirky, hand-made, and Brooklyn-centric apparel.
• Get your gourmet goodies any hour of the night!
• Want to learn how to write? Or want to improve upon an already present skill? Take a creative nonfiction class with local author A.N. Devers.
• The Brokelyn Beer Books have sold out, but you can still put your name on a waiting list. Fingers crossed!
• We honored the late former Mayor Ed Koch.
• And, finally, do you know where you’re watching the game?
Photo via drunkbrunch