As you clear out those closets for a round of spring cleaning, be sure to put aside those old electronics that can be recycled. You can drop them off at a Lower East Side Ecology Center recycling day, which is coming up on Saturday, March 29 from 10am-4pm on 5th Avenue between Sterling Place and Douglass Street.
Here’s what they’ll accept:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and e-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, and DVD players
• Digital converter boxes, cable/satellite receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
They’ll also take batteries, but ask that alkaline and rechargeable batteries are separated, with the terminals of the rechargeable batteries taped up. They cannot accept home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners.
Anyone who drops-off electronic equipment can enter a raffle with Tekserve, where you can win a MacBook Air.