UPDATE: Due to the weather, the event has been rescheduled for Wednesday, February 26.
Need help managing your kids’ (and your own) digital relationships? On Wednesday, February
5 26 at 6:30pm at The Old Stone House, 336 3rd St, Park Slope Parents is hosting Tweeting and Texting Tweens: Parenting in a Digital Age, where media literacy educator Katherine G. Fry will provide some guidance about growing up in a digitally-connected world.
Some topics they’ll cover:
• What are our kids (and we, their parents) doing online?
• How should we deal with issues that arise from a whole range of cyber activities?
• What ARE the issues, anyway?
• What does the research show about the media environment surrounding social networking, gaming, and kids?
• How can local and national media literacy education efforts help us deal with these issues?
See the event page at PSP for more info and to RSVP.
Photo by afagen